Sunday, April 5, 2009

Just Some Updates....

It's been a few weeks since I have been on here. So much for my keeping up with the good old blog. I go back to work in two weeks and I know that is not going to help as far as giving me extra time to blog. Speaking of work, I am not looking forward to going back. My maternity leave has just FLOWN by. At least when I get back to school I will only have 8 weeks until the summer. I just feel like right now Olivia is changing so fast. Everyday she is developing more and more. It is so fun to watch and I'm sad I might miss one of her "firsts" if I'm not with her everyday. At least I can leave her with her Daddy or Mimi.

So what has been new?

As of two weeks ago, Chase's adoption was finalized. We all went to the courthouse for the ceremony. The night before my mom was trying to explain to Chase that he was going to be adopted and she asked him if he knew what that meant. He very seriously told her "I don't want to die." She then quickly told him that adoption didn't mean he was going to die but that he was going to be with them forever. He looked at her like "well, duh where else would I go?" Have to love a 4 year old's perspective!

Olivia has become so active the last couple of weeks. She interacts with people and her toys so much more. She is also sleeping through the night at least 8 hours ...one night she slept for 10 hours straight!!! I know I am really lucky that she has not been bad at night. I mean don't get me wrong, we've had our moments but overall she has been a very good baby. Matthew is so cute with her. He's already trying to teach her letter sounds which is quite comical. One time we were convinced she said "Matt" (it really was just her making the noise "MAAAAAAAAAA"). Yes, I suposse we are "those parents." Also, despite our original plight to keep her "pacifier free" (I don't know what we were thinking) she has chosen to eat her hands 24/7. She had her first real laugh last night while Aunt Jess was eating her neck, I mean, kissing her neck. Below is a video of sweet Olivia "saying good morning" to her Daddy while he was away for two weeks last month.



That's all for now folks...I'll log on again soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment